Connect with us

NEWS

Girls kidnapped: Kidnappers Demand N700 Million as ransom

Published

on

What  The Bandits Told Us Before We Found Nabeeha’s Corpse – Uncle

In reaction to the reported kidnappings and killings of citizens in the Federal Capital Territory, Nigerians vented their annoyance on social media on Monday, criticizing the Federal Government and security agencies. Three victims had reportedly been killed, according to reports, and the ransom demand had risen to N700 million.

One of the victims that were mentioned was Miss Folorunsho Ariyo, a student in secondary school. Her father is the top legal officer of the National University Commission, who was born in Ekiti state. In Kaduna State, the bodies of four victims were found next to a disused military checkpoint.

What  The Bandits Told Us Before We Found Nabeeha’s Corpse – Uncle

According to reports earlier this year, there was an attack in Bwari, Abuja, that left seven family members missing and one policeman dead. Two other cops were also hurt. Among those kidnapped were Mansoor Al-Kadriyar, his five children, and his late brother’s daughter. While one of his daughters, Nabeeha, was slain and the ransom for the remaining five girls was increased to ₦100 million, Al-Kadriyar was freed with an order to pay ₦60 million as ransom.

Recommended: Doctors At EKSUTH Attacked Hoodlums, Went Away With Corps » WHITEBEETLES

Although specifics could not be released for security reasons, FCT Police Public Relations Officer Josephine Adeh guaranteed that the police were managing the situation.
The Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, stated that a thorough plan of action was in place as the Nigeria Police Force promised to free the abducted sisters and cousins in Bwari.

Adejobi reassured the public that efforts were concentrated on apprehending the offenders and freeing the remaining captive victims, while underscoring the necessity of maintaining secrecy to prevent jeopardizing ongoing operations.

Nigerians voiced their concerns on social media in response to the reported kidnappings, killings, and rising levels of insecurity in their country.
In light of unverified claims indicating a rise in ransom demands from the initial N60 million per person to N100 million, presently totaling N700 million following the purported killing of several victims, users lambasted the audacity of bandits and kidnappers.

Several social media users criticized the government’s apparent inaction and drew attention to the fact that some people—including Isa Pantami, a former minister of communications and digital economy—had contributed to the ransom that criminals had requested in order to free the sisters of a deceased victim.

The government’s alleged inability to appropriately handle the security issue was also criticized. A few users highlighted the

strong government response was required, as there were worries that kidnappers may become much more powerful and confident if large ransoms were paid.

Social media users’ frustrations and disappointments about the difficulties posed by insecurity and the pressing need for comprehensive legislation to safeguard individuals and deal with the underlying causes of criminal activity are representative of the general mood among Nigerians.

 

 

Credit: Goldnennews

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Custom Text
close