Do you want to start a blog and get paid by blogging?
Congratulations! This article is for you.
How i start my blog and earns monthly, you probably don?t need to be a software engineer, or computer Guru to own and eventually make money from blog. All I need from you is to pay keen attention to and as well follow the simple steps outline below and then you are there.
Okay let go there!
When the purpose of a thing is not known, Abuse is inevitable. I would therefore start by letting you understand the reasons why many people start their own blog. These reasons are many and may differ from one person to another. However, the major reasons why many people start and own their own blogs are:
- To create multiple source of Income
- To gain popularity in the public domain
- Social impact
- Marketing their products or services
- Recording/Documenting your thoughts
- Active and Passive income (To make money)
- Sharing your knowledge
- Free gadgets and stuff for review among others
By now, I believe you should have gotten some reasons why you need to start and own your own blog. I would not just help you start, I would clearly show you how to generate income via the blog.
Get yourself prepared and let continue to explore.
STEP by STEP ways of building your own Blog successfully without engaging an expert.
As a starter wondering at the back of your mind the following questions:
- Which Platform do I start my blogging?
- What Blog Topic called Niche do I choose?
- What is domain name and how do I have one?
- How to purchase my domainname?
- How do I get reliable host for my blog?
- How to buy hosting for your domain name?
- How to install your blog on the domain name?
- Branding my blog
- Essential tools(elements) to make your blog shine
- How to write the first blog post
This blog making guide is specially written for users like you who are just starting out and knows a little or nothing about blogging. Follow and within the next few minutes, you will have your blog up and running.
Step 1: DECIDE YOUR BLOGGING NICHE
The first and the most important step you need to take in building your own blog is to find the niche of your blog. By niche, I mean finding a topic that your blog is going to be about. Ex: I want to have a blog that educates people on Graphics Design.
It?s good for you to know that your chances of success are better when you blog on a single topic than on multiple topics, as people prefer to subscribe to a blog, which have expertise in dissecting the subject of a particular topic rather than being a Jack of all trade and a master of none. As a matter of fact, Google which is the principal search engine prefers a website which is built on a single topic. For example, ?White-Beetles? topic is ?blogging,? and that?s how you found us.
Your Blogging Niche must be something you are:
- passionate about;
- Knowledgeable about;
- like to talk about and write about,
This will ensure that you will not go out of idea when your blog is fully in operations. It will ensure that your burn out period will never come. So, I assume you have selected the niche for your blog which can make some money for you.
Step 2: Select the blogging platform
The next question that should come to your mind after Deciding your Blogging Niche is, where should you create your blog?
There are lots of blogging platforms out there, and people have different perspective about each of them. However, Majority of the Bloggers start blogging on the WordPress platform.
Here are the reasons why lots of bloggers adopt the WordPress platform.
- It?s very easy to use.
- One third of the entire websites in the world is powered by WordPress.
A self-hosted WordPress blog (WordPress.org) is what you need not (WordPress.com). It means you will be installing WordPress on your own hosting and getting a domain. This process is easy & in the further section, you will also learn how to do that.
Step 3: Pick a Blog name & domain name for your blog
The name of your blog is the most crucial part for success. A domain name is the URL of a blog which a visitor will use to open a blog. For example; www.whitebeetles.net
Sample of custom domain name looks like www.whitebeetles.net that could cost you to pay $12/year. Never the less, I have open up a trick below which will help you save this $12 on domain purchase.
Here, are a few guides which will help you to select the best name for your new blog. Though, here are some of the tips from my experience so far:
- I normally prefer .com domain names anyone else.
- Your domain name should be easy to pronounce and easy to type.
- Make sure your domain name should not be confusing to the listener.
You can quickly use Bluehost domain suggestion feature to check and know if your domain name is available or not. Simply input any word that you have choosed for your blog and it will also notify you available domain name suggestions.
My candid advice is to be creative and adhere to the three rules I gave above. At the same time see few things you should avoid when selecting the domain name for your new blog/websites:
- Avoid long domain name. Keep it short as possible or lower than 12 characters. Ex: InsideLife, webmaker,tecrunch,facebook, etc
- Avoidn domain extension like .info, .net and so on, because they they don?t rank well in Search engines. I normally prefer and suggest to use a domain name extension like .com or .org.
Step 4: Pick a hosting for your blog.
It?s high time we build our blog on a hosting. That?s where you have full access to features and the tools you need unlike the local host.
Web-hosting: This is where WordPress will be installed. This is a server which is always online 24hours /7days and all your future blog images, your blog design and everything will be stored on this server (hosting). It has wonderful tools to automatically cater for your websites backup updates.
There are plenty of hosting service providers but for your blog:
Bluehost is the easiest option as it provides everything you need to create a blogs/websites. Features like:
- Free SSL
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage
- Free domain name (Saving of $12/year)
- Easy to use cPanel.
- Live chat support
- 30 days money back guarantee
And the best part, it only cost $2.95/month
Grab Bluehost hosting for special price!
Here is how to buy it:
- Head over to Bluehost.com
- Click on Get started now
- Select the Basic planif you want to start one blog or Plus plan if you want to start more than one blog.
- On the next page, you can claim your free domain name. If you are yet not ready with your domain name, you can click on Choose later.
- On the next page, fill up your contact information. Pay keen attention to package extras as you can skip a few things to save some money.
- Apart from Domain Privacy Protection, uncheck everything.
- Under payment information, you can pay via credit/debit card or if you want to pay via PayPal, you can click on More payment options.
- Once you have made the payment, Bluehost will also create your blog in next 10 minutes. This will be done automatically saves a lot of hassles for beginners who are just starting and want a ready-made blog.
Step 5: INSTALL WORDPRESS ON THE BLOG
Once you are done buying hosting + domain name, Bluehost will automatically install the WordPress software on your domain name. That?s because Bluehost as a Host Company fully support WordPress. Some hosting will only pre-install.
That means your blog is installed and now comes the cool stuff which is something every beginner blogger enjoy.
Step 6: Setup the design (Brand) of the blog
Most times in life, you will be addressed the way you dress isn?t just a literary proverb. The meaning is applicable across many contexts, blogging is not an exception. Blogging Platform
Blog design is the most important aspect of your blog because a good design will surely attracts your visitors to love your blog. In fact, that is how your readers will remember your blog. Imagine your blog design branded with a nice outfit.
In WordPress, there is a concept called ?WordPress themes?. These are ready-made designs that are available for all types of blog.
Here are easy to use modern theme clubs which I would recommend you to start with.
Step 7: Install the best WordPress plugins.
A lot of WordPress plugins exist. Here are plugins which you should have on your newly created WordPress blog:
- Yoast SEO
- WP Rocket
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
You can find a list of best WordPress plugins here.
There are many more plugins, but the above plugins will ensure that you have all the basics plugin installed on your blog.
If you have followed, all the steps until now, your blog is up and ready.
Now, comes the part which you should be doing over the period of time and that is adding new content.
Step 8: Write your first blog post.
Before you start writing your first blog post, you should make a content plan. The content plan helps you to outline or list articles you wish to write about before writing them. It?s a good idea to do this in one sitting and next time you can start writing your content (one at a time). You can use Software like Excel, or Microsoft word to build this template.
Now, this is where the real fun begins, writing your first article.
Here are the SEO CONTENT WRITING GUIDES WITH 20 POINTS.
I will share some of the articles link below to get you started, but here are few tips which will ensure you don?t make mistakes a newbie usually makes:
- When you are writing your content, imagine there is a person sitting next to you, and you are talking to the person. Write in the first-person tone, because there is a single person who is reading your blog. For example, you are reading this blog post alone. That is why you might notice, my tone is ?I? and ?You?.
- Your content should cover all the aspect of the topic you are writing about. Feel free to write 500+ words.
- Do not copy images from Google. Rather use these sites to download free to use images.
- You can also embed videos from YouTube.
Here are some of the important pages, which you should have on your blog from day one.
- About page: Contains detail about your blog, and you.
- Contact page: A page with contact form. You can use free contact form 7 or Jetpack contact form feature to create a contact form on WordPress.
- Media kit page: You don?t need it now, but you should know about it. This page is where you will write about your blog traffic and available advertising options.g traffic to your Blog
So, you have got everything covered and your first blog post is live.
Now, the next step is to driving traffic and start making money
Steps to Making money from your own Blog.
You have learnt advancing stuff for some time now, but letting you know there are many ways by which your blog can earn passive income for you.
Here are some of the most popular methods:
- Google AdSense
- Affiliate marketing
- Sponsored content (Get paid for writing about others)
- Amazon affiliate program
- Direct ad sales
- Own digital products like eBooks, Online course
I have covered all these aspects of blogging money in this exclusive article: How to make money blogging
15 CommentsLeave a Reply
Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your
website, how can i subscribe for a blog website?
Thee accoujnt aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bbit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright
You Welcome,How can i help you?
This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your great
post. Also, I’ve shared your web site in my social networks!
Thanks. Pls i like to name?
I mean pls i like to know your name?
Hi there to every one, the contents existing
at this website are actually remarkable for people experience, well, keep up the
good work fellows.
Thanks. I like to know your name. pls dont waist time in contributing your ideas here. thanks
wonderful publish, very informative. I’m wondering why
the opposite specialists of this sector don’t understand this.
You must continue your writing. I am confident, you’ve
a huge readers’ base already!
This is a unique place for fashionable women’s clothing and accessories.
We offer our clients women’s clothing, jewelry, cosmetics and health products, shoes, bags and much more.
Pretty! This has been a really wonderful post. Many thanks for providing these details.
This was beautiful Admin. Thank you for your reflections.
For the reason that the admin of this site is working, no uncertainty very quickly it will be renowned, due to its quality contents.
very informative articles or reviews at this time.
I really like reading through a post that can make men and women think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!
I very delighted to find this internet site on bing, just what I was searching for as well saved to fav