Here is how to secure a Nigerian international passport. Many Nigerians are being refused visas and the opportunity to travel out on a daily basis. But, regardless, many Nigerians still travel out regularly.
This is what you need to do to travel out of Nigeria.
SECURING A NEGERIAN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
HOW TO SECURE A NEGERIAN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
Visit the office of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) closest to you to apply for
international passport. The official price for a 32-page regular e-passport is N25,000 but you
might find out that you would have to pay up to N70,000 in some state offices in order to ‘fast
track’ the process since the issuance started in March 2019 announced by Nigerian Immigration
Nigeria government launched a new enhanced security Nigerian
international passport with 10 years validity.
The 64 Pages with 10 years validity will cost NGN70,000 in the country
The 64 pages with 10 years validity will cost USD230 outside the
Moreover, there is a new passport still with five years validity:
The 32 pages will cost NGN25,000 in the country and USD130 outside
The 64 Pages will cost NGN35,000 in the country and USD150 outside
The Standard Nigerian passport is of two types:
 32 pages
 64 Pages
i. 32 PAGES: The cost of 32 pages type can be for three different ranges of
age, with different charges included. Price listed is as follows:
a. MINOR – A day old – 17 years #12,500
b. ADULT – 18 years – 59 years #19,500
c. ELDERLY 60 years and above #12,500
ii. 64 PAGES:– The official fee for 64 Pages is #24,500 for all category of
APPLICANTS can process the application form and do the payment online
through the appropriate Nigeria Immigration Service porter.
NIGERIANS RESIDING OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY
NIGERIANS RESIDING OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY
The price of Nigerian international passport for Nigerians residing outside the
Price of 32 Pages are as follows :
a. MINOR:- A day old – 17 years 77 dollars
b. ADULT:- 18 years – 59 years 106 dollars
c. ELDERLY:- 60 years and above 77 dollars
64 PAGES: The cost of 64 Pages is 137 dollars for all category of applicants.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
- Local Government letter of identification.
- Birth certificate / age declaration.
- 2 recent colour passport photographs
- Guarantor’s form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge
- Parents’ letter of consent for minors under 16 years
- Marriage certificate where applicable
- Police report incase of lost passport
- Submit application with supporting documents to passport office / Embassy / High commission
HOW TO PAY ONLLINE FOR NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
- Log in through portal.immigration.gov.ng
- From the passport menu.
- Click on fresh/passport renewal tab.
- Choose “Standard e-passport” from the passport type drop down.
- Select “Country from processing country drop down e.g. Nigeria.
- Click “Start application.
- Fill the form and complete the fields provided with the correct details.
- Tick “I accept full responsibility for the information provided in this form.
- The portal generates an application ID and reference Number unique to your application.
- You are prompted to print the acknowledgment form and “Continue application”.
- Click continue.
- Click ”Proceed to online payments”.
- Please note these are the ONLY authorized payment platform.
- Select any of these : Innovate1pay, Net post pay, Pay Arena, Teasy, Saana pay.
- Click Continue.
- You have an option of card or bank payment.
- Select proceed to payment.
- If card option chosen, complete details.
- If bank; Print slip for further processing at bank where you pay at bank’s POS cash.
- Please Note : The approved payment gateway is as stated on the portal.
What to go with:
Government issued I.D card, Local Government of Origin Certificate, Birth Certificate or Sworn
Affidavit at the Federal High Court declaring your age, If you have a passport already, ensure that
it would remain valid for at least 6 months from your intended travel date.
DECIDE ON THE PURPOSE OF YOUR VISIT
Before you start your visa application, it is important to know why you want to travel in order to
know the category of visa to apply for. You can choose to travel for tourism, business, education,
medical reasons, conjugal reasons or a visit to a family or a friend. If you qualify for a USA or
other country’s passport, it is a good investment to complete the USPS passport application or etc.
as many other countries have fewer visa requirements. This is important to note for your luggage
as well, will you need to pack compact binoculars if you are going sightseeing, warm clothes if it
is cool there, etc…
CHOOSE A COUNTRY TO VISIT WITH NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
The next step is to decide on the country you would like to visit with your nigerian international passport. Some countries do not require you to obtain a visa before you can visit Such countries include Cameroun, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Mauritius, Tanzania, Republic of Benin, Seychelles, Barbados, Iran, Fiji and several others. Most of these countries would only require that you obtain a visa on arrival which would last for a
period of between 30 to 90 days. If you’re looking to head to Asia, Bali holidays are considered
some of the best in Asia.
BOOK A PLANE TICKET
Some embassies would require you to have a return ticket as one of the requirements for applying
for a visa. Some other countries do not necessarily require you to do this so ensure that you visit
the embassy’s official website to find out what documents are needed to apply for a visa.
Immigration and visa officers would need to know where you would put up on arrival so make
sure you have proof of hotel bookings or any other type of accommodation to show to them.
APPLY FOR VISA
Put together all the required documents for application and secure an interview date or document
submission date. This is the date you would have to make an appearance at the embassy for an
interview or for submission of your documents depending on the embassy’s modus operandi.