Fully Funded Steve Weston And Trust Scholarships (September 2023), University Of Dundee The Fully Funded Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships (September 2023), University of Dundee is open to international students. The scholarship enables postgraduate programs in Energy, Petroleum, Mining Law and Policy taught at the University of Dundee. The deadline for the scholarship is May 31, 2023.
The University of Dundee is a public research university located in Dundee, Scotland. Founded in 1881, it has since established a reputation as a leading institution in the UK and around the world, particularly in the fields of life sciences, medicine, dentistry, law, art and design. The university offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across its nine schools, as well as various research opportunities and partnerships with industry and other institutions.
As an international student, studying at the University of Dundee can be a rewarding and rewarding experience. The university is known for its diverse and inclusive community, with students from over 140 countries studying together on campus. The university also provides support and services to help international students adapt to the academic and social environment, such as language courses, mentorship programs and cultural events. Additionally, the city of Dundee offers a vibrant and friendly atmosphere with a range of cultural and recreational activities and easy access to other parts of Scotland and the UK.
Fully Funded Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships (September 2023), University of Dundee, is available to undertake postgraduate degree programs at the University of Dundee.
- Fully Funded
- University of Dundee
- Energy, Petroleum, Mineral Law and Policy
- International Students
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Mineral Law and Policy
There are 3 awards available, one from the Steve Weston Scholarship fund and 2 from Trust Scholarships.
The awards will offer each candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees (fees for 2023-24 to be confirmed)
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student (£12,600 over 12 monthly payments at £1,050 per month)
- An arrival allowance (£750) and thesis/internship report allowance (£580)
This scholarship is open to international students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Already hold an Honours degree in Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum, or mining Engineering, Finance at 2nd class upper level or above. Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who clearly explain their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience.
- Hold an offer for September 2023 for LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy or LLM in International Oil and Gas Law and Policy.
- Be able to demonstrate compliance with the University of Dundee English entry requirements.
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence.
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in energy or natural resource development in the government, private sector, or academia.
- Go on to complete the degree within 12 months. Students from overseas are expected to return to their home country at the end of the period of study.
To apply for the Steve Weston Scholarship, applicants must provide a personal statement and updated CV via email after receiving an unconditional offer for the LLM in Mining Law and Policy / LLM in International Oil and Gas Law programmes. The personal statement should highlight leadership qualities, communication skills, networking skills, academic potential, integrity and outside interests. The selection process is highly competitive and successful candidates are expected to become top ambassadors for the UK. The award decision will be made by the end of June 2023 and unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted or given feedback.