FAO Internships ( Paid) 2024/2025 : Online application form Delve into the world of FAO internships – a gateway to hands-on experience, global exposure, and networking in the realm of food security and sustainable agriculture. Learn about the application process and eligibility criteria for these coveted opportunities.
Internships are pivotal in sculpting the career trajectories of emerging professionals, providing them with invaluable hands-on experience, networking prospects, and exposure to diverse work environments. The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), a specialized agency of the United Nations headquartered in Rome, Italy, stands as an exemplary provider of exciting internship opportunities.
The FAO focuses on eradicating hunger, promoting sustainable agriculture, and ensuring global food security. Collaborating with governments, civil society organizations, and stakeholders worldwide, FAO addresses complex food-related challenges.
Why Choose FAO Internships?
FAO internships offer a unique chance for individuals passionate about food security, agriculture, and sustainable development to contribute to FAO’s mission while gaining valuable experience. Here are compelling reasons to consider an internship with FAO:
- Exposure to Global Issues: Operates in over 130 countries, addressing diverse food-related challenges globally.
- Hands-on Experience: Interns work alongside experienced professionals, gaining practical skills.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with professionals from various backgrounds, fostering relationships for future career opportunities.
FAO internships are open to individuals meeting the following criteria:
- Academic Background: Enrolled in or recently completed a relevant university degree program.
- Language Proficiency: Proficient in one of FAO’s official languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian).
- Age Requirement: Most internships are open to individuals aged 21 or older.
To apply for an FAO internship, follow these steps:
- Research Available Internships: Explore opportunities on the FAO website and understand position requirements.
- Prepare Required Documentation: Craft a tailored application including a resume, motivation letter, and specified documents.
- Submit Your Application: Apply through the FAO online platform before the deadline.
- Selection Process: FAO follows a competitive process; shortlisted candidates may undergo interviews or assessments.
For assistance or queries, contact: Careers@fao.org