Ikore is an international development organization proffering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. Working in economically deprived places and vulnerable communities torn apart by instability across Nigeria and providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities is implementing an agricultural mechanization service intervention aimed at enhancing access of smallholder farmers to affordable and sustainable mechanization services in Nigeria.
The project aims to create work opportunities for mechanization service providers, tractor operators, and others in the mechanization value chain. The project’s primary target is young men and women in peri-urban and rural communities, providing bundled mechanization services. Ultimately, the project focuses on capacity-building, affordable last-mile services, financial inclusion, technology integration, and policy enhancement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEL Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- M&E System Design: Design and develop a results-based M&E system for the project, including the selection of appropriate indicators, data collection methods, and tools.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure the quality and integrity of project data through regular data verification, validation, and cleaning processes, ensuring compliance with established standards and protocols.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Ensure the collection of quality data for analysis, overseeing data collection processes, data management, and data analysis activities.
- Team Management: Manage and provide technical supervision to the field officers and enumerators involved in data collection and M&E activities, ensuring their adherence to quality standards and protocols.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare comprehensive monitoring and evaluation reports, including progress reports, baseline reports, mid-term and end-line evaluations, and other required documentation.
- Learning and Knowledge Management: Promote a culture of learning and knowledge sharing within the project, facilitating the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned, best practices, and success stories.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with project stakeholders to ensure their active involvement in the M&E processes and utilization of findings.
- Capacity Building: Provide training and capacity-building support to project staff and partners on M&E methodologies, tools, and practices, promoting a culture of data-driven decision-making and learning.
- A Postgraduate Degree in Agriculture, Development Studies, Economics, Statistics, Project Management, or a related field.
- At least five years of progressive experience designing, implementing, and coordinating monitoring and evaluation systems. Experience in agriculture and rural development projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Ability to analyze and draw insights from data of various types (quantitative and qualitative) using various software after ensuring data quality.
- Experience in project management, including the design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of projects is essential. A recognized certificate in project management is preferred.
- Proven ability to mentor program site staff in M&E, and use data for decision-making and quality improvement.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders and portray complex datasets in easy-to-understand formats using data visualization.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Application Closing Date
29th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document (PDF or Word) with complete contact details via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be reviewed, and online interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.