Abuja Clinics was established in 1989 as a health institution to provide efficient medical services to the then budding Federal Capital Territory (FCT). From humble beginnings it has grown into a group of 3 hospitals located in Karu, Garki and Maitama districts of the FCT . The group possesses advanced medical equipments to assist its team of highly qualified and dedicated health personnels. These equipments include but are not limited to the 64-slice CT scan unit, 4D-Ultrasonography, Mammography unit with stereotatic biopsy and Intra-operative C-arm fluoroscopy allowing for excellent diagnosis and cure. The hospital renders services in all major fields of medicine such as: Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Internal Medicine, Radiology and Dentistry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervises accounting work such as the analysis, preparation, maintenance, or evaluation of financial records and reports in accordance with standard accounting principles;
- Personally performs the more complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; or directs the accounting activities of the hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises accounting work such as the analysis, preparation, maintenance, or evaluation of financial records and reports in accordance with standard accounting principles; personally performs the more complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; or directs the accounting activities of the hospital; applies sound supervisory principles and techniques in building and maintaining an effective work force; fulfills affirmative action responsibilities; and does related work.
- Supervises activities of subordinates; assigns work and evaluates performance.
- Plans, directs, organizes, and schedules the activities of a specialized accounting function or several accounting areas.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of financial reports and reconciliation.
- Advises administrative management as to procedures concerning expenditures and other accounting practices.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of specialized or highly complex reports, statements, surveys or analysis for management.
- Maintains accounting and budget records.
- Recommends alternatives to management when accounting data indicates trends or situations requiring action to be taken beyond scope of responsibilities.
- Develop or support preparation of administrative and financial reports for upper management.
- Researches, analyzes, and uses independent judgment in a variety of daily and non-routine decisions affecting assigned function.
- Reviews statements of accounting information and other reports provided by the hospital’s general ledger system.
- Provides technical advice and services to lower level accountants or other hospital staff with problems, complex issues or special projects.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Researches and evaluates new or changed accounting principles and practices.
- Must studied Accounting, Accountancy or Banking and Finance in First Degree.
- Must have at least 5-10 years proven post NYSC / Certificate work experience for this position.
- Must have a valid professional license such as ICAN, ACCA, etc
- Applicant must live in Abuja or be willing to relocate.
- He / She must be able to use MS. Word, (Spreadsheet) Excel, Power Point and other Accounting Software at a professional level.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
http://Click here to Apply