Kyosk Digital Services limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
Our digital ordering and delivery platform Kyosk, ensures that these retail outlets get access to stock at competitive prices and have them delivered directly to them. FMCGs find the traditional distribution chain to be inadequate as well, making it expensive for them to serve kiosk-type retail outlets, leading to high incidences of product stock-outs and lost sales opportunities. By providing FMCGs with good data visibility, we solve this major problem of theirs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Controls Analyst (North Central)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time, Partially remote
- Work collaboratively with the Finance Manager to evaluate the efficacy of business processes, internal controls and risk management procedures currently in place and make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes.
- He/she will be tasked with implementing various accounting methods, developing & analyzing inventory reports and monitoring all inventory transactions in the organization.
- Risk Management: Conduct periodic risk-based reviews of the control environment across various functions. Carry out risk reviews and update the risk monitoring tool from time to time. Participate in end-user testing of applications, systems and dashboards pointing out any inconsistencies or variations from the business requirements.
- Inventory Management: Plan and conduct bi-monthly inventory counts across the various warehouse Perform inventory reconciliations for each of the warehouses; Review quarterly Stock count reports and reconcile balances across the entire quarter.Review the Fixed Asset Register and carry out periodic verification of the balances of assets in the various warehouses. Prepare inventory and spot check reports on a weekly basis for all control activities reviewed within the period
- Internal Controls: Perform a Root Cause Analysis for various issues identified during Control Spot checks. Make practical recommendations aimed to improve the control architecture of the organization. Provide insight into process improvement opportunities within the business. Continuously review and monitor existing systems to improve their effectiveness and increase the organization’s process maturity levels.
- Reconciliation: Ensure all inventory, manual inventory schedule and cost of sales transactions are processed and reconciled to General Ledger on a monthly basis as per laid down SOPs. Lead the reconciliation of inter warehouse transfers, landed costs and discounts; prepare monthly journal entries as needed.
- Internal Audit: Support the evaluation of the internal operational guidelines/manuals, identify deviations and recommend appropriate changes whenever necessary. Assit to develop and maintain the internal audit procedures to ensure that best practice is taken into account and that the audits address specific areas of Internal controls & risk management.
- Cost Management: Carry out analysis of cost optimization initiatives and share with the Finance Manager for the review. Identify and highly areas the business can leverage on to save costs from an inventory and internal controls perspective.
- Reporting: Prepare Internal Control Quarterly report to be shared with the Prepare comprehensive regular and special reports as guided by the Finance Manager highlighting identified gaps as well as deliver relevant material information to all relevant stakeholders. Develop inventory analysis reports capturing inventory balances, stock movement, prices, cost and variances providing weekly internal inventory reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in finance or a business-related discipline with a Second Class Upper or Upper credit respectively.
- A professional qualification in finance is an added advantage.
- 4 – 6 years experience in internal controls with a good exposure to inventory management.
- Good appreciation of Internal Audit, Internal Control or Risk Management;
- Demonstrable knowledge of Inventory management practices including proper forecasting, increasing turns, and slow-moving inventory.
- An understanding of the FMCG business model and dynamics from an internal and inventory accounting perspective.
Competencies and Key Skills:
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Problem Solving Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Detail Orientation
- Planning & organization skills
- Tech Savvy.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online